San Diego Domestic Violence Attorney
Work with a San Diego domestic violence attorney who has the passion, integrity, and relentless work ethic you need to win your case.
Domestic Violence Attorney San Diego
In California, domestic violence is defined as a “violent confrontation that occurs between family members or between people who live together or are in a dating relationship.” Domestic violence cases most commonly occur between spouses, parents and children, and cohabitating couples.
The San Diego court system takes domestic violence accusations very seriously, and in some cases, an individual can be mistakenly implicated. Without a San Diego domestic violence lawyer on your side, you may face lasting consequences for a crime you didn’t commit.
To protect yourself against the prosecution, you need to establish a strong legal defense in a domestic violence case. This means working with an aggressive criminal defense lawyer who handles domestic violence legal matters regularly. If you or a loved one has been charged with domestic violence, the Griffin Law Office is prepared to take on your case.
Top San Diego Domestic Violence Attorney
At the Griffin Law Office, we strive to put ourselves in the position of our clients. We will work with you to fully understand your circumstances and achieve the best possible outcome. No matter your situation, our San Diego firm is here to secure your rights and your future.
To name a few things, our San Diego domestic violence lawyer is prepared to:
- Conduct an extensive, private evaluation of your domestic violence charges;
- Thoroughly describe your rights and legal choices to you;
- Gather and secure exonerating evidence; and
- Craft a completely individualized legal defense strategy.
A Domestic Violence Lawyer San Diego Explains: Domestic Violence A-Z
Domestic violence consists of threatening, beating, sexual assault, or other harm to another family or household member. Angry words can result in a push or slap, then intensify to other types of physical, emotional, or psychological abuse. The following are some of the most common domestic violence charges our firm handles in domestic violence cases:
- Aggravated Trespass | Penal Code § 601
- Child Abuse | Penal Code § 273 (d)
- Child Abuse | Penal Code 273ab(a)(b)
- Child Endangerment | Penal Code § 273 a (a)
- Corporal injury
- Corporal injury on a child
- Corporal Injury on Spouse/Mate | Penal Code § 273.5
- Criminal Threats | Penal Code § 422
- Damaging Phone Lines | Penal Code § 591
- Domestic Battery | Penal Code § 243 (e)(1)
- Elder Abuse | Penal Code § 368
- Failure to Provide Child Care (Child Neglect) | Penal Code § 270
- Violation of Restraining Order | Penal Code § 273.6
Contact a San Diego Domestic Violence Lawyer
In California, under domestic violence laws, police have the authority to apprehend a suspect for domestic violence even if the supposed victim denies that they were harmed, on the theory that a victim might be too scared to file charges or will lie to protect the aggressor who committed domestic violence.
If you or a loved one are facing domestic violence charges in San Diego, California, you should take action to safeguard your civil liberties as soon as possible. Do not answer any questions until you speak with a skilled domestic violence lawyer. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.