Award winning San Diego Criminal Defense & DUI Attorney Patrick Griffin was raised in a large family in a rural Montana community where he learned the value of hard work and perseverance. Mr. Griffin has won cases in every courthouse in San Diego County and has a long list of satisfied clients. Mr. Griffin has successfully defended cases ranging from first degree murder to driving under the influence. His success is based on the attention he gives to each and every client, his tireless work ethic and his knowledge of the San Diego court system. Mr. Griffin’s extensive criminal defense experience started at one of the nation’s top boutique criminal defense firms, Brown & Doherty, P.A. At Brown & Doherty, Mr. Griffin defended nearly every type of criminal case. Mr. Griffin authored numerous federal appeals, including an appeal from a capital murder trial where the federal appellate court vacated the sentence of two consecutive life terms and remanded the case to the trial court.
Mr. Griffin’s legal experience is not just limited to advocating for clients, he also completed a federal judicial internship with the Honorable James D. Whittemore, who has presided over numerous high profile cases, including the Terri Schaivo case. This position allowed Mr. Griffin an inside look as to how judges decide legal issues and what judges look for in legal writing and argument. This behind the scenes experience equipped Mr. Griffin with the tools and information on how best to persuade a judge.
Mr. Griffin graduated with honors from the US News & World Report’s #1 ranked trial advocacy school in the nation. Being a member of the nation’s #1 Trial Team allowed Mr. Griffin to learn from some of the country’s foremost experts on trial skills and techniques. This unmatched trial advocacy training allowed Mr. Griffin to win his first jury trial before he graduated from law school.
Mr. Griffin has been featured as a legal expert on local news programs and has received multiple awards for his courtroom advocacy and high client satisfaction.
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys: 10 Best
- Appellate Defenders Inc.
- San Diego Criminal Defense Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- San Diego County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of San Diego
- San Diego Inn of Court
- California DUI Lawyers Association
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, The University of Montana
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, The University of Montana
- Juris Doctor, with Honors, Stetson University College of Law
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Trial Team Member
- ABA Advocacy Competition: Regional Champion & Top Individual Score at Nationals
- Honor Roll
- Member of Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Fraternity
- Recipient of the Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges Award
- Recipient of the William Blews Award for Exceptional Pro Bono Service