Prostitution includes any lewd act between persons for money or other consideration. Any person who solicits or agrees to engage in any act of prostitution with the intent to receive, or pay or transfer, compensation, money or anything of value from another person.
What does the prosecutor have to prove?
1. Defendant solicited in an act of prostitution.
1. Defendant agreed to engage in an act of prostitution.
1. Defendant engaged in an act of prostitution.
2. Defendant intended to receive compensation, money, or anything of value from another person.
3. Defendant had specific intent to engage in an act of prostitution and manifested an acceptance of an offer or solicitation to so engage, regardless of whether the offer or solicitation was made by a person also possessing the specific intent to engage in prostitution.
Misdemeanor: 0-180 days