In Need of a Violent Crimes Defense Lawyer in San Diego, CA?
At the Griffin Law Office, APC, our San Diego criminal defense attorney knows that representing clients charged with a violent crime in California requires legal skill, experience, and resources to defend the accused and pursue the best outcome for their unique circumstances. Our criminal defense law firm focuses on providing tangible solutions for our clients because we understand what these serious charges mean to their futures — and their freedom.
The severity of violent crime charges is far-reaching and requires a dedicated defense strategy to produce real results for the real people who need our help. That is why our San Diego County violent crimes defense lawyer is here. If you have been charged with a violent crime in California, do not speak with the police or prosecutor’s office without a skilled criminal defense attorney. Contact us today to learn how quickly we can help.
What are Considered Violent Crimes in California?
The FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program defines violent crimes as four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. According to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, violent crimes are identified as similar offenses and include:
- Any burglary of the first degree where another was present in the residence during the commission of the burglary.
- Any felony in which the defendant inflicts significant bodily injury on anyone other than an accomplice.
- Any felony in which the defendant uses a firearm.
- Any felony punishable by death or imprisonment in the state prison for life.
- Any robbery.
- Assault with the intent to commit a specified felony.
- Attempted murder.
- Continuous sexual abuse of a child.
- Lewd or lascivious acts.
- Murder or voluntary manslaughter.
- Oral copulation.
- Rape, spousal rape, or sexual penetration.
- Threats to victims or witnesses.
Being charged with a violent crime in California immediately jeopardizes the accused’s freedom. It is up to our skilled violent crimes defense attorney in San Diego to properly present their legal strategy to produce the best outcome and mitigate any potential jail time so that they can regain control of their lives — and their liberty. Contact us today to learn more about our customized legal defense strategies that produce real results for real people who need our help, just like you.
How Can the California Violent Crimes Defense Attorney at Griffin Law Office Help?
At the Griffin Law Office, our violent crime defense lawyer in San Diego will review each detail of your case to pursue the best outcome by presenting any mitigating factors that may reduce the penalties associated with your charges. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Defending your actions as self-defense or defense of another person.
- Examining our client’s mental state at the time of the alleged crime.
- Highlighting potentially false accusations associated with the alleged crime.
- Outlining special circumstances associated with the arrest.
- Presenting the lack of motive, or intent, involved when the crime occurred.
- Questioning the evidence, or lack thereof, the prosecution has to use at trial, and the legality of how it was obtained.
If the state cannot meet its burden of proof in your violent crime case to secure a conviction, it must compromise on lesser charges or dismiss them altogether. As your San Diego violent crime defense attorney, it is our job to introduce important details that give you the best opportunity to put these charges behind you.
Our skilled San Diego criminal defense attorney represents clients in the following practice areas:
- Assault & Battery
- Drug Crimes
- Driving Under the Influence
- Federal Crimes
- White Collar & Fraud Crimes
- Juvenile Crimes
- Professional Licensing Defense
- Sex Crimes
- Theft & Burglary
The California Violent Crime Attorney at the Griffin Law Office Can Help
If you have been arrested for a violent crime in California, contact our skilled San Diego criminal defense attorney today to learn more about your legal rights and how we can help build your defense to pursue the best outcome for your case by calling (619)-269-2131 today.