Public officials may be charged with Misappropriation of Public Funds if an officer of this state, or of any county, city, town or district charged with the safekeeping or disbursement of public moneys, who, without authority of law, appropriated the same, or keeps false accounts, or loans the same or any portion thereof, or refuses or omits to pay upon the presentation of a draft, order or warrant drawn upon these moneys by a competent authority. Violators may be charged with a felony and disqualified from holding any office in this state.
What does the prosecutor have to prove?
1. Defendant was an officer of this state, or of a county, city, town or district.
2. As such Defendant was charged with the receipt, safekeeping, transfer, or disbursement of public moneys.
3. Defendant appropriated said money, or any portion thereof, to his own use or to the use of another. or
3. Defendant loaned said money, or any portion thereof. or
3. Defendant made a profit out of, or used said money for a purpose not authorized by law. or
3. Defendant knowingly kept a false account, or made a false entry or erasure in an account of or relating to said money. or
3. Defendant fraudulently altered, falsified, concealed, destroyed, or obliterated an account of said money. or
3. Defendant willfully refused or omitted to pay over, on demand, public money in his hands, upon presentation of a draft, order, or warrant drawn upon such money by competent authority. or
3. Defendant willfully omitted to transfer said money, when such transfer was required by law. or
3. Defendant willfully omitted or refused to pay over to an officer or person authorized to receive said money, money received by Defendant under a duty imposed by law so to pay over.
With probation 0-364 days
Patrick got my entire case dismissed! I was almost sure we would lose but I am glad that I listened when he told me that the case was winnable. He always called me back the same day, answered my emails in a quick and timely fashion, and kept me in the loop with everything pertaining to my case. He also was helpful in the fact that he gave me pointers on how to handle MY particular case: what to do, what to say, and how to act. Thanks Patrick!!
My husband was referred to Patrick. We are SO thankful we found him! My husband had a case against him where he potentially could have paid big fines or penalties, but Patrick basically got the entire cased dismissed. Everyone else involved in the case had to plead guilty! He worked aggressively, always communicated with us about what was going on and what was going to happen, is very pleasant to deal with and made my husband feel valued despite the situation. If you are looking for a good Lawyer, Patrick is awesome!
A few months ago I was asked by a friend for the name of a lawyer who handles DUI’s in San Diego. As a fellow attorney in San Diego I have many lawyer names in my rolodex who handle such cases, but I thought Patrick would be the best “fit” for my friend. Patrick met with my referral on multiple occasions, always answered his e-mails and calls on a prompt basis, and ultimately achieved an amazing result on a ca se which was definitely an uphill challenge. Great job Patrick!
by Alex Dychter, Employment Law Attorney
Patrick Griffin is an outstanding criminal defense lawyer, who knows both the legal intricacies and interpersonal dynamics of criminal matters essential to mounting a successful defense. Mr. Griffin is a consummate professional, who acts with civility and integrity while achieving the best outcome for his clients. I recommend Patrick’s services unequivocally.
by Kevin Murphy, Administrative Law Attorney
Patrick was great! I hired Mr. Griffin after a friend referred me to him. I met with a few older attorneys who all treated me like another file before I decided to hire Patrick. He was great from the start… he knows his stuff and is a great communicator, both with me and when he is in court. His energy is obvious from the first few minutes of meeting with him. I was kept informed every step of the way and when it was all said and done I couldn’t have been happier with the result. I have already referred two other people to the Griffin Law Office and they both have thanked me.
Request A Free Consultation
If you would like to speak with someone directly
Call Us Toll Free